Arts Alert: Minnesota Theaters, Bars, Restaurants Ordered Closed
Minnesota Theaters, Bars, Restaurants Ordered Closed by 5PM on Tuesday
The impact of the COVID-19 emergency continues to grow in impact on the Minnesota arts and culture sector. By a new order of MN Governor Walz, Minnesota's theaters, bars and restaurants must close by 5PM on Tuesday, March 17 for ten days in order to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. By tomorrow we will post more resources for the arts sector at www.artsMN.org/coronavirus. Check there for updates.
The following were ordered to be closed:
- Beginning no later than March 17, 2020 at 5:00 pm, and continuing until March 27, 2020 at 5:00 pm, the following places of public accommodation are closed to ingress, egress, use, and occupancy by members of the public: •
- Restaurants, food courts, cafes, coffeehouses, and other places of public accommodation offering food or beverage for on-premises consumption, excluding institutional or in-house food cafeterias that serve residents, employees, and clients of businesses, child care facilities, hospitals, and long- term care facilities.
- Bars, taverns, brew pubs, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, tasting rooms, clubs, and other places of public accommodation offering alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.
- Hookah bars, cigar bars, and vaping lounges offering their products for on- premises consumption.
- Theaters, cinemas, indoor and outdoor performance venues, and museums.
- Gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities, exercise studios, and spas.
- Amusement parks, arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, indoor climbing facilities, skating rinks, trampoline parks, and other similar recreational or entertainment facilities.
- Country clubs, golf clubs, boating or yacht clubs, sports or athletic clubs, and dining clubs."
For purposes of this Executive Order, "place of public accommodation" means a business, or an educational, refreshment, entertainment, or recreation facility, or an institution of any kind, whether licensed or not, whose goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations are extended, offered, sold, or otherwise made available to the public. See the full order at: https://mn.gov/governor/assets/EO%2020-04%20%28Gov%20Signed%29_tcm1055-423380.pdf