2233 University Ave. W. #355
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-251-0868 fax 651-917-3561
staff at mncitizensforthearts.org
Arts Action Center
If you can’t be at the Capitol and still haven’t sent a letter to your legislators, it’s not too late to take action! You can send letters to the Governor and legislature here:
3. Minneapolis Celebrates Legacy Weekend Dec. 2-4
- Take a backstage tour of Guthrie Theater, world renowned for its theater and architecture. Plus, catch performances of A Christmas Carol and Charlie’s Aunt to experience the best of Minneapolis theater.
- The Reindeer Run around Lake Harriet is a quirky 5K or 1K for all age groups where holiday outfits are not required but admired. Proceeds of the race go to the Toys for Tots program, providing holiday gifts to underprivileged children.
- Mill City Museum will host the final round of the Star Tribune’s annual Taste Holiday Cookie Contest. Get inspired for holiday baking when the finalists bake their winning recipes in the Mill City Museum Baking Lab. Visitors can drop in and meet the finalists, learn more about the history of the recipes, get baking tips for the holiday season and best of all, sample each of the winning cookies.
- Holiday Story Time at the American Swedish Institute, a cozy activity for children ages 2-10.
- The Walker Art Center will open its doors to the public for Wall-to-Wall Walker: A free 10-hour open house event. Highlights include live music, art-making activities for all ages and amazing exhibitions featuring Graphic Design: Now in Production and Dance Works I: Merce Cunningham/Robert Rauschenberg. Or make a night of it by checking out the best of British advertising at the British Arrows Awards followed up by drinks and snacks at the Walker Pub. Admission is free from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. all three days.
Everything MCA does is made possible by our passionate and committed members. JOIN Today on MCA’s secure web site at: mncitizensforthearts.org/join/membership/individual-memberships/
FACEBOOK: Minnesota Citizens for the Arts
GIVE COOL ARTS ADVOCATE GIFTS from MCA’s store at: www.cafepress.com/mnforthearts
TAKE ACTION: www.mncitizensforthearts.org at our frequently updated, one-stop site for: information about Minnesota Citizens for the Arts and how you can get involved, an Action Center where you can write a letter to your legislator, or even find out who your legislators are, facts about the arts in Minnesota, the latest on legislative and congressional action on arts issues and more!
PRIVACY: MCA values your privacy, and will not sell or distribute your personal information to anyone.
ABOUT: MCA is a nonpartisan statewide arts advocacy organization whose mission
is to ensure opportunity for all people to have access to and involvement in the arts. MCA organizes the arts community and lobbies the Minnesota State Legislature and Congress on issues pertaining to the nonprofit arts. If you are interested in learning more about how to advocate for the arts, or how to activate people in your arts organization or community to lobby for the arts, please call us at 651-251-0868 or e-mail staff at mncitizensforthearts.org. State arts funding supports access to the arts for all Minnesotans. The state-funded Minnesota State Arts Board and eleven Regional Arts Councils provide grants and services in every Minnesota county for artists, arts organizations, arts projects and school artist residencies. For more information on regional or state grants, go to www.arts.state.mn.us.