MCA Seeking New Board Members:
Deadline Nov. 14, 2017
Nominations for MCA’s Board Now Open
Minnesota Citizens for the Arts is looking for new members for our Board of Trustees. Terms begin December, 2017 and will last for two years. The statewide board meets four times per year, organizes an Annual Arts Advocacy Day at the State Capitol, and participates in committee work to advocate for the arts statewide.
MCA advocates for arts friendly policy at the state legislature and congress. Check us out at artsMN.org. MCA also manages the Creative Minnesota project at CreativeMN.org. Our mission is to ensure opportunity for all people to have access to and involvement in the arts.
Interested? Fill out the form below and return it by November 14, 2017 by email, fax, or by snail mail to the address below. MCA’s bylaws ensure that board representation comes from all over the state. Half of MCA’s 36 board members must come from the Twin Cities metro area, and half from greater Minnesota.
Two current openings on the MCA Board include:
One opening for a metro based nonprofit arts organization representative, and one greater Minnesota at large representative. Other openings may occur.
MCA seeks board members who:
- Have a willingness to work, volunteer and come to our meetings.
- Are people with political connections, political strategists, and people with an understanding of the political process, or are willing to learn
- Have mix of party affiliation
- Provide balance in terms of the size or type of organizations represented on the board (large, medium, small, arts education, individual artist, etc.)
- Have clout within their organizations and/or peers, and have the ability and willingness to communicate about the need for arts advocacy
- Provide other balances in terms of representing the state or the arts community (ie diversity in terms of age, race, etc).
- Your nomination to the board is more likely to be successful if you are a paid member of MCA and if you have previously been a part of Arts Advocacy Day, the Legacy campaign, or volunteered for the cause in some other way.
- ***(Please do not nominate someone else unless you have discussed it with them first, and they have provided an answer to the question “Why do you want to be on the MCA board?).***
Successful applicants will be notified in late November, 2017 that they will be joining the board.
MCA Board Nomination Form
Answer these questions and send to: staff@artsMN.org
- NOMINEE NAME:
- Home Address:
- Work Address:
- Home Phone:
- Work Phone:
- Organization (If appropriate):
- Title (If appropriate):
- Legislative District # (If unknown, MCA can identify it for you):
- Are you a current member of MCA? Have you volunteerd with MCA?
- Please describe your experience with your local arts community:
- Please describe your political experience (desired, but not necessary):
- Why are you interested in serving on the MCA Board of Trustees?