Contacts: Sheila Smith, 651.251.0868
Executive Director, Minnesota Citizens for the Arts
Lynn Anderson, 952.548.6487
Executive Director, Hopkins Center for the Arts
Creative Minnesota Report about Hopkins to be Released at Presentation and Discussion
April 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM
New Study Looks at Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture on Hopkins Economy
SAINT PAUL, MN: A new study on the size and impact of the nonprofit arts and culture sector in Hopkins will be released at 5:30 PM on April 12, 2018, by Creative Minnesota, Hopkins Center for the Arts, Stages Theatre, the City of Hopkins and Minnesota Citizens for the Arts. The presentation of the results will be made as part of an evening artist speaker series at Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN. The public is invited. The event begins with a social time at 5:00pm, and is followed by the Creative Minnesota Report about Hopkins at 5:30pm, and artist talks by Nicole Houff at 6:15pm and J. Wren Supak at 7:15pm.
The Creative Minnesota study is part of an ongoing series of research reports about the arts and culture sector in Minnesota that is available for free at CreativeMN.org. Creative Minnesota 2017 quantifies the impact and needs of Minnesota’s artists and creative workers, updates previous studies on the economic impact of our state’s 1601 nonprofit arts and culture organizations, and reviews other research about the arts sector in the state.
The Hopkins study is one of fifteen local reports that have been released in the last several months.
Eleven Hopkins organizations are part of the local study:
- Art ASAP, Inc.
- Augusta Care
- Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts
- Hopkins Center for the Arts
- Hopkins Historical Society
- Hopkins Westwind Concert Band
- JazzMN, Inc.
- Mentoring Peace Through Art
- Reach for Resources
- Stages Theatre Company
- Vail Place
The Creative Minnesota 2017 statewide and regional reports, as well as additional research about Minnesota’s arts and cultural community can be downloaded for free at: creativemn.org. Creative Minnesota was developed by a collaborative of arts and culture funders in partnership with Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA). The Creative Minnesota team includes:
- Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA) is a statewide arts advocacy organization whose mission is to ensure opportunity for all people to have access to and involvement in the arts. MCA organizes the arts community and lobbies the Minnesota State Legislature and Congress on issues pertaining to the nonprofit arts and conducts original research. MCA works with over 40,000 arts advocates in Minnesota. 651-251-0868, www.artsMN.org @MNCitizen
- The McKnight Foundation: www.mcknight.org
- Target: https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility
- Bush Foundation: www.bushfoundation.org
- Mardag Foundation: http://www.mardag.org/
- Jerome Foundation: http://www.jeromefdn.org/
- The Minnesota State Arts Board: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/
- Forum of Regional Arts Councils of Minnesota: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/racs/forum.htm
- Ideas that Kick: www.ideasthatkick.com
- Americans for the Arts: www.AmericansForTheArts.org
- CURA Center for Urban and Regional Affairs, University of Minnesota: http://www.cura.umn.edu/
- Minnesota Compass: http://www.mncompass.org
- Hopkins Center for the Arts www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com
- Stages Theatre www.stagestheatre.org