Creative Minnesota Report about Big Stone County To be Released at Presentation and Discussion
March 22, 2018 at 7:00 PM
New Study Looks at Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture on Big Stone County Economy
SAINT PAUL, MN: A new study on the size and impact of the nonprofit arts and culture sector in Big Stone County will be released at the Ortonville Community Center, 200 Monroe Ave, Ortonville, by Creative Minnesota, Big Stone Arts Council, Ortonville Economic Development Authority, Big Stone Area Growth and Minnesota Citizens for the Arts. The presentation of the results will be made at 7:00 PM on March 22.
The Creative Minnesota study is part of an ongoing series of research reports about the arts and culture sector in Minnesota that is available for free at CreativeMN.org. Creative Minnesota 2017 quantifies the impact and needs of Minnesota’s artists and creative workers, updates previous studies on the economic impact of our state’s 1601 nonprofit arts and culture organizations, and reviews other research about the arts sector in the state.
The Big Stone County study is one of fifteen local reports that are being released over the past few months.
Six Big Stone County organizations are part of the local study:
- Big Stone Arts Council
- Big Stone County Museum
- Clinton Depot
- Chautauqua Community Concert Association
- Ortonville and Graceville Friends of the Library
The Creative Minnesota 2017 statewide and regional reports, as well as additional research about Minnesota’s arts and cultural community can be downloaded for free at: creativemn.org. Creative Minnesota was developed by a collaborative of arts and culture funders in partnership with Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA).
The Creative Minnesota team includes:
- Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA) is a statewide arts advocacy organization whose mission is to ensure opportunity for all people to have access to and involvement in the arts. MCA organizes the arts community and lobbies the Minnesota State Legislature and Congress on issues pertaining to the nonprofit arts and conducts original research. MCA works with over 40,000 arts advocates in Minnesota. 651-251-0868, www.artsMN.org @MNCitizen
- The McKnight Foundation: www.mcknight.org
- Target: https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility
- Bush Foundation: www.bushfoundation.org
- Mardag Foundation: http://www.mardag.org/
- Jerome Foundation: http://www.jeromefdn.org/
- The Minnesota State Arts Board: http://www.arts.state.mn.us
- Forum of Regional Arts Councils of Minnesota: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/racs/forum.htm
- Ideas that Kick: www.ideasthatkick.com
- Americans for the Arts: www.AmericansForTheArts.org
- CURA Center for Urban and Regional Affairs, University of Minnesota: http://www.cura.umn.edu/
- Minnesota Compass: http://www.mncompass.org
- Big Stone Arts Council: https://bigstonearts.wordpress.com/
- Ortonville Economic Development Authority: https://ortonvilleeda.wordpress.com/