POSITION OPENING: RESEARCH ASSISTANT
MINNESOTA CITIZENS FOR THE ARTS / CREATIVE MINNESOTA
Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA), a nationally renowned arts advocacy organization that lobbies for state arts funding, seeks a Temporary Research Assistant for a six-month position to begin July 1st, 2017 and finish December 31, 2017. The position is full-time.
MCA represents the arts community of Minnesota at the state legislature and lobbies for state funding of the arts, as well as other issues of concern to the non-profit arts community. MCA also does advocacy for the National Endowment for the Arts. To lobby effectively, MCA organizes grassroots advocacy around the state and keeps constituents educated and informed about the political process and the current state of arts funding throughout the year. MCA also leads and organizes the Creative Minnesota project with other statewide arts service organizations and arts supporting organizations (see www.CreativeMN.org). This Research Assistant will coordinate the work on 20 new city or county local Creative Minnesota economic impact studies.
Duties and projects included in the Research Assistant position (in part):
- Be the main contact person with approximately 20 cities for local Creative Minnesota studies.
- Track interactions and facilitate with each study site to make sure data for each site is collected accurately and on time.
- Accurately enter data and other information into tracking documents, following provided work plan.
- Create contracts, data sheets, power points, press releases and other materials for each study site, some from templates.
- Do calculations based on formulas provided and accurately track results.
- Organize PR effort for the release of local studies.
- Facilitate local organizing of roll-out events of report for each site.
- Be part of the office staff, answer phones when necessary.
- Do other work as assigned by Chair of Creative Minnesota Project, such as organize and/or take minutes of meetings of Creative Minnesota and organize cohort conference calls.
A qualified applicant would possess the following skills:
-Extreme and absolute accuracy is required.
-Good communication skills, especially speaking with people on the phone. This job requires a self-starting, positive, self-motivated personality and a sense of humor.
-Independent and creative work habits.
-Good organizational skills and the ability to perform many tasks simultaneously.
-Experience and interest in working with the arts community.
-Computer literacy; preferably experience with Macintosh, Microsoft Word & Excel.
-Working knowledge of statistics or data analysis.
APPLY NOW. Please mail or email resume and cover letter by June 9, 2017 to Mark Albers staff@artsMN.org or:
Minnesota Citizens for the Arts
661 LaSalle Street #220
St. Paul, MN 55114
Minnesota Citizens for the Arts is always looking for volunteers. If you are interested contact Mark Albers or 651-251-0868.
As a volunteer, you can help MCA achieve its goal of allowing all people the opportunity to have access to and involvement in the arts.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year but most often take place during the legislative session. They range from in-office work, such as helping to prepare mailings and phonebanking, to field work at events like our annual Arts Advocacy Day.
Please check back for future online postings or contact MCA to add your name to our Volunteer E-mail List and you will be alerted of upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with MCA!